What are detox diets? and are they a safe and helpful way for losing weight? Let us find out whether detox diets are helpful when it comes to the process of burning fat, and effective weight loss.
What Are The Popular Detox Diets Today?
Detox diets are also called “cleansing diets, which aim to remove harmful toxins, fat and other substances from the body. The main idea behind a detox diet is that pure, organic and natural foods are generally consumed, because they help enhance the functions of the liver, kidneys and lymph glands.
Let us look at a few of the most popular detox or weight loss diets today.
- Clean, Green and Lean Diet. This detox diet is a four-week plan that helps the person eliminate toxins, fat and other harmful substances that prevent them from losing weight. This program helps you overcome health problems like fatigue and allergies, and it also boost energy levels.
- Fast Track Detox Diet. The Fast Track Detox diet is an eleven-day program for jump-starting weight loss, as well as for breaking the weight loss plateau.
- The Fat Loss Factor. The Fat Loss factor program is a popular fat-reduction system which includes varied methods and products. It provides participants with an eBook which serves as a guide for liver/body detoxification and cleansing methods, and also comes with innovative diet plans and brand-new solutions or instruments for tracking your weight-loss progress.
What Are The Risks Of Detox Diets?
While there has been no constructive data released with regard to the effectiveness, and risks of detox diets, many independent studies have indicated that many fasts and extremely low-calorie diets can invariably lower the body’s basal metabolic rate, as it struggles to conserve energy.
Let us look at the other risks of detox diets.
- Some detox diets may also lead to rapid fluid loss (due to extremely low carbohydrate intake), and frequent bowel movements or diarrhea.
- Detox diets that lack protein, fatty acids and other essential nutrients can cause dehydration, impair normal bowel function and deplete the body’s supply of electrolytes.
- An individual who undergoes a detox diet without consulting his or her physician may also run the risk of developing “metabolic acidosis”, which is the disruption of the body’s acid-based balance. Metabolic acidosis often results in excessive acidity of the blood, and can lead to coma or death.
Organic & Natural Food Items That Help You Lose Unsightly Body Fat
According to health and wellness experts, there are certain natural food items that aid in the effective detoxification of the body. Let us list down four of the most beneficial fruits, vegetables, whole-wheat breads and cereals, and other organic foods that can help you lose weight, and stay healthy.
- Orange, Lemon and Lime. Oranges, lemons and lime contain generous amounts of vitamin C, which transforms toxins into digestible material. Citrus fruits also aid the body in flushing out harmful substances, and enhancing the digestive tract with enzymatic processes.
- Garlic. This pungent little bulb helps stimulate the liver into producing detox enzymes which filter toxic substances from the digestive system. Garlic also has potent antioxidant properties.
- Broccoli Sprouts. Broccoli is high in antioxidants, and it also helps stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are found in deep-sea fish, nuts, flax seed, olives and avocados. Omega-3 helps lubricate the intestinal walls, and allows toxins to be absorbed by the oil, and eliminated from the body.
What are The Benefits of Detox & Weight-Loss Diets?
According to adherents of detox weight loss programs, the payoff for eating, drinking or strictly following these unconventional and revolutionary detox diets is the efficient flushing-out of alcohol, caffeine, processed foods, cigarette smoke and other harmful toxins from the body.
Die-hard followers of detox weight loss diets also claim that the additional rewards include flawless and luminous skin, improved overall health and a sexy curve or body figure.
However, there is just one little hitch with all these detox diets, because there are currently no concrete clinical or scientific data released yet to fully support any of these claims. No data has also been publicly submitted to the US Food and Drug Administration in recent years to hold these statements.
While many doctors would agree that these diets ultimately lead to weight loss, it is likely that the lost pounds will return, once the person abandons the program.
If you’re looking for a weight loss program that targets detoxing in a safety matter as introductory phase to prepare the body to really benefit from a weight loss plan, then you might want to consider our Fat Loss Factor Review. If you find this post valuable, Please share it with your friends in FB, G+, Pinterest, etc.
By Carina Franco yoursimplehealthylife.com
Meme´s photo copyright: victor69 / 123RF Stock Photo (Meme was made by yoursimplehealthylife.com)